Sunday, September 12, 2010

Something better

The stated purpose of my blog was to watch every Milwaukee Brewers game and write something about it. So far, so good. I've watched every game that has been on TV and I've written something for each game (even the ones I didn't actually get to watch). It's a long season, and sometimes I don't write the most interesting things.  Instead of writing something that isn't all that interesting about a game that wasn't all that interesting, I'm going to recommend something that I read that I really liked. I found it to be an interesting take on the mind of the professional athlete.

I highly recommend the essay "How Tracy Austin Broke My Heart" by David Foster Wallace. It was originally published in the Philadelphia Inquirer and later as part of the book Consider the Lobster and Other Essays.

Cubs 1, Brewers 0
Game played 9-11-10

No comments:

Post a Comment