Monday, April 4, 2011

The Inaugural El Super



When my nephew Jake was little, I called him Super Jake. This hurt his feelings because he confused super and stupid. When I called him Super Jake, he'd get this really hurt look on his face and say, "no, you're super. I am NOT super." After a time, I was able to convince him that being super was a good thing.

Now, if I could only convince the 0-4 Brewers that being super is a good thing.

Today I'm introducing a new Hangwith'em feature: the weekly El Super award. The plan is to hand out the award every Monday. Week One's El Super goes to Rickie Weeks. His offense is one of the lone bright spots of opening week. Weeks went 6 for 17 with two doubles and three homers. That's a line of .353/.353/1.000. A good start to what I hope is a great season for Rickie.

Chris Narveson pitched well in the home opener for the Brewers, going six innings and giving up just three hits. The Brewers held a very tenuous 1-0 lead going into the eighth inning but Takashi Saito was unable to hold the lead. He gave up solo shots to Dan Uggla and Martin Prado. Milwaukee would finish the game 0-8 with RISP. Is it just me or do the Brewers continue to be horrendous in scoring runners from third with less than two outs?

Braves 2, Brewers 1
Game played 4-4-11

No comments:

Post a Comment