Monday, June 27, 2011

Next time I'm buying twist offs

For reasons that cannot be fully explained, I purchased beer for Wednesday's tailgating that did not have twist off caps--and then neglected to bring an opener. Usually, I can open the bottles on a tailgate with my hand. I know, I'm bad ass. But my Mom's mini-van did not have a good tailgate. It had some sort of soft, flexible rubber surface. Not ideal for opening a beer. But I tried anyway and ended up bruising my hand. Ahhhrgh.

The game sort of went like my attempt to open a beer. Initially, I was happy just to have a beer in my hand. (The Brewers got out to a 2-0 lead against David Price.) But then reality set in when I could not open it. (Kelly Shoppach home run. Tie game.) I asked my neighboring tailgaters for help. They responded with, "aren't they twist off?" (Elliot Johnson home run. 6-2 Rays.) So, I tried to open it on the rear bumper and side door of the minivan. I ended up with a half opened beer and a big bruise on my hand. Ouch. (Mark Kotsay pinch hitting with bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the ninth with the tying run on first. Bigger ouch.)

Rays 6, Brewers 3
Game played 6-22-11

No comments:

Post a Comment