Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And it exploded*

Tonight the “it” was the Brewers offense. Milwaukee exploded for eight runs in the second inning off of Reds starter Johnny Cueto and Randy Wolf turned in another solid performance to lead the Brewers to a 13-1 victory on Wednesday night.

The offensive stats were staggering, especially considering the Brewers recent offensive woes. I won’t recount them all here except to say that Craig Counsell hit his second home run of the year in the second inning, a three-run shot. Corey Hart added a two-run shot in the third inning. On the night, the Brewers scored 13 runs on 19 hits and went 8-21 with runners in scoring position. They loaded the bases in each of the first five innings.

Ryan Braun collected two more hits tonight for a total of 180. It will remain to be seen if this is it for 2010, as Braun was nailed in the elbow with a Sam LeCure pitch in the fifth inning. (Not again!) Macha said that he thought that Braun was fine and that it was just an elbow contusion. Let's wait and see how it feels in the morning.

On a personal note, I helped the Minnesota Twins set a single-season attendance record today. (Hmmm… they're winning and they don’t play in the Dome anymore. Go figure.) I want you all to know, however, that I wore my Brewers hat to the game and I will never get on that bandwagon. EVER.
I had eyes only for the CIN v. MIL match-up on the board.  

Target Field is OK. I guess if I liked
the Twins I would think it was cooler.
















Brewers 13, Reds 1
Game played 9-22-10

* Name that movie!
Ted: But the animal is inside out.
Jason Nesmith: I heard that! It turned inside out?
[the pig-lizard explodes]
Ted: And it exploded.

No comments:

Post a Comment