Sunday, July 4, 2010

Focus

I'm trying to blog through the pain. I do not want to go on the 15-day disabled list. It's been tough, though. I can't remember watching the games. I sleep through large portions of them. The pain meds stifle my sharp wit. I find myself staring at the computer screen trying to remember what I was going to type. I read the same sentence over and over but cannot comprehend what I am reading.

What was I talking about? Oh, right. The game.

Manny Parra took the mound for the Brewers against Chris Carpenter on Saturday night. St. Louis has an outstanding pitching staff and Carpenter is one of its aces. Before Saturday Carpenter had been 15-1 with a 1.97 ERA against the NL Central the last two seasons. Parra has been fighting to keep his spot in the starting rotation as Doug Davis gets set to come off of the DL. I have no idea why Davis is stepping right back into the starting rotation. He was 1-3 with a 7.52 ERA before going on the DL with inflammation around his heart. Plus his nickname is Double D, which makes me want to vomit. I digress...

With a set-up like this, you can probably guess what happened. Rickie Weeks led off with a home run, Carpenter hit two batters and the Cardinals played defense like they were on my pain meds. Milwaukee staked Parra to an eleven-run lead, which Parra seemed uncomfortable with. He gave up a few just to feel normal.

Brewers 12, Cardinals 5
Game played 7-3-10

No comments:

Post a Comment