Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tonight made me miss Seth McClung


“You can change the channel now if you want to,” I said.

“Oh, is the game over?” Seth asked.

“Umm… I think we both know it’s been over for quite a while now,” I said with a sigh.

I got nothing tonight. Tonight’s game has left me so uninspired that I can’t even figure out what to write. I watched the whole game—that should be worth something. Milwaukee was never really out of it but really never in it either, losing 5-0 to the Houston Astros. The Brewers made two great defensive plays. The Brewer bats, however, were completely silenced by newly acquired J.A. Happ. He made Philadelphia look like the loser in its trade with Houston. Roy Oswalt got roughed up by the Nationals, giving up seven hits and five runs (four earned runs) over six innings. 

It was so bad, I started thinking about Seth McClung. I don’t know why. I wondered what he was up to. (Free agency; coaching the Pinellas Park girls’ high school basketball team.)  I tried to find a McClung Like a Horse t-shirt on clearance. Ohhh, Big Red, why didn’t you kung fu Ken Macha when you had the chance? Just one kick to the mid-section …  Apparently, I get violent when I get frustrated. Chucky reminds me of better times. Tonight, I miss being good. 

Astros 5, Brewers 0
Game played 7-30-10

No comments:

Post a Comment