Thursday, July 8, 2010

This sucks but we're with you

This whole knee thing is getting old. I tried to go back to work on Wednesday. I had a feeling that it wouldn't go well when I had to lay down and rest after showering and dressing. I was a hot, sweaty mess by the time my coworker stopped by to pick me up. When I got to work I had a hard time concentrating and could not get comfortable at my desk. I'm not sure why I didn't think about the fact that I needed to keep my leg straight and bring a pillow or something. Instead, I tried to prop up my leg on a paper box, which helped to maximize my discomfort. I couldn't decide which project to start and/how to prioritize my work. I expected to have knee pain but I wasn't prepared for the exhaustion and my inability to power through my work.

I am used to being able to will my way through most situations. I can't will my way through this injury and I haven't been able to will my way back to "normal" following the surgery. A control freak's worst nightmare.

Wednesday night's game was almost unwatchable. You can tell yourself that a 0-4 first inning deficit isn't so bad only so many times. When you go on to give up SEVEN additional runs a couple of innings later, you should probably just give up. When Tim Lincecum is pitching for the other team, you might as well take some more pain medication and head to bed. For some reason, I didn't pack it in. I watched until the bitter end. When the Brewers played a little small ball in the eighth inning to cut the deficit to 13, the Brewers fans rose to their feet and gave the Brewers a standing ovation. I don't think it was sarcastic. I think it said, this sucks but we're with you.

Giants 15, Brewers 2
Game played 7-7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment