Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A marathon you don't have to run

"We'll be home in time to do laundry, go to the grocery store and do our weekend chores," Seth said.

Well, when you put it that way, honey...

We caught the 9:15 a.m. ferry out of Madeline Island and headed back to the Twin Cities on Monday morning. I hadn't seen a Brewers game since Wednesday night and I felt like a crack addict looking for a hit. Que up the TiVo, I got some games to watch. I should confess that I did know that the Brewers had swept the Astros. I had found a bar with a TV and convinced the bartender to break away from the nature channel for a few minutes of ESPN. Really, the TV was on the nature channel. It seemed to be a special on tree frogs.

After completing my chores, I sat down and watched four consecutive Brewers games--the three Astros games and the first Arizona game. It was good to be home. (I even had one person wondering what the hell happened to the blog.)

Sunday's game was not Yovani Gallardo's finest, but run support is a beautiful thing. Milwaukee built a 11-4 lead through four innings behind Casey McGehee's three run-homer and Lorenzo Cain's first (three) big league RBIs.

At my friend Chris's persistent urging, I gave in and be-friended Hunter Pence and also became a follower on Twitter. According to Chris, Pence is a prolific tweeter and the unintentional humor factor is high. Pence hit safely in all three games against the Brewers to extend his hitting streak to 14 games. F&*k Hunter Pence and his tweets!

Brewers 11, Astros 6
Game played 8-8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment