Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tacos and beer

The Angels have not been swept at home in 73 consecutive series. The Brewers have not swept the Angels since 1988. Angels’ pitcher Joel Pineiro is 4-0 with a 2.98 ERA against the Brewers. I was tired, eating tacos, drinking Pacifico and lowering my expectations prior to the final game at Los Angeles on Wednesday. (I know this makes me old, but I have a hard time calling the Angels, the Los Angeles Angels.)  I really wanted a sweep but was pretty sure that the best part of my evening might be the tacos and beer.

And I was right. The Taco House never disappoints. The Brewers, sometimes they disappoint.

Chris Narveson got behind early giving up a solo homerun in the first and a three-run shot in the second. The Brewers managed only one run off Pineiro all night, a solo shot by Carlos Gomez. I'm looking forward to my off day on Thursday. I know the Brewers are, too.

Angels 5, Brewers 1
Game played 6-17-10

No comments:

Post a Comment